Bolt Toolkit ACT Extension for Mechanical
The EDRMedeso Bolt Toolkit ACT App is a tool to speed up pre and post processing of rivets and bolts in ANSYS Mechanical. The app has six main functions:
- Rivet Group will create multiple beam element rivets from a group selection of hole edges.
- Rivet Group Results will post process any of the rivet group objects and display a selected result on the geometry and create a detailed result listing in the project directory.
- Bolt Group Pretension will apply a pretension force to a group selection of line or solid body bolts.
- Simplified Bolt Group will create multiple beam element bolts with pretension from a group selection of head and thread geometry (edges or faces).
- Advanced Bolt Group will create multiple solid element bolts with pretension and contact including the new thread section contact from a group selection of head and thread geometry (edges or faces). Two standard bolt geometries are included, Flange bolt (ISO-15071) and Hex Socket Head (ISO-4762). Additional bolt geometries can be created by the user by a simple csv text file.
- Bolt Group Results will post process any of the bolt group objects and display a selected result on the geometry and create a detailed result listing in the project directory. Results include location, elongation, all bolt forces and moments and bolt utilization according to Eurocode 3 and VDI 2230.
The time saving for setting up a model with many bolts is huge since the app will mesh the bolt, set material, pretension, contacts in one object! Having e.g. 100 bolts means that you replace 500 objects in different places in the model tree with only one making the model much easier to manage.
A detailed demo on using the Advanced Bolt Group on a big rear axle assembly is found on EDRMedeso YouTube channel:
The full Bolt Toolkit documentation can be downloaded from this link:
How to buy (paid-up fee only): Not any longer available. Perpetual "paid-up" licenses will be discontinued and transitioned to annual lease licenses starting with ANSYS 19.
General commercial conditions: Starting with ANSYS 19, Apps will only be available and priced as annual leases.