ASME Local Failure ACT-based Application for Mechanical
- Local failure is a term used in ASME 2013 Sec. VIII Div.2 Part 5. as a means to compare the magnitude of plastic strain values against limits set out by the code.
- Handling these stress and strain results, together with the material class dependent constants can be a tedious task, and easily prone to human error.
- The Local Failure app can be used as an efficient post-processing tool to plot the local failure utilization ratio according to ASME.
- The material properties are found for the specified material class according to ASME.
- Furthermore, the ASME Local Failure app offers the possibility to specify forming strain.
The ASME Local Failure documentation can be downloaded from this link:
ASME local Failure_Documentation_V180.1.pdf
How to buy (paid-up fee only): Not any longer available. Perpetual "paid-up" licenses will be discontinued and transitioned to annual lease licenses starting with ANSYS 19.
General commercial conditions: Starting with ANSYS 19, Apps will only be available and priced as annual leases.